I bought a bag of beautiful, very large bell peppers the other day not knowing what I would do with them. When I got home I remembered a recipe I use to make many years ago and decided to try it again. I used ground turkey as if I was making tacos and put all that deliciousness into the bell peppers. It turned out just as yummy as I remembered and it is so very easy to make!
What you need:
1/2 cup of chopped onion
1 lb of extra lean ground turkey
salt and pepper to taste
1 tbsp of taco seasoning or to taste
4 bell peppers, any color
sprinkling of Parmesan cheese
white wine(or red if you prefer. The wine is for sipping not cooking :’)
What to do:
- Saute the onions until tender in some butter or coconut oil
- Add the ground turkey and brown
- While the turkey is browning clean out your peppers. I level the bottoms of them with a knife so they don’t fall over while baking. Have a sip of wine too!
4. Once the ground turkey is brown add the salt, pepper and taco seasoning(not all taco seasonings are gluten free so watch your label). There should be some residual butter and water from cooking so we want to cook that off
5. Once the turkey is browned fill your peppers with it. I like to sprinkle Parmesan cheese on but you can use any cheese you like. I also LOVE tomatoes so I like to pop a slice on top just before cooking
6. Arrange in a baking dish. Cook at 350F for 30 minutes. While your waiting cut up some avocado and what ever else you would like to eat with your stuffed peppers. I love eating it with salsa too. Have another sip of wine to pass the time.
7. Take them out of the oven and let sit for a few minutes. The cooking brings out the flavor in the peppers. Plate up with your avocado and salsa and enjoy!!!
September 25, 2017